Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Love of Learning

While we are raising our kids as 4-Hers, I was a Girl Scout. While they didn't have a cattle showing badge, I think I learned some awesome life skills. 
Cooking, sewing, gardening, crafting and more. All things I utilize to this very day. We went on camp outs where we learned basics of taking of ourselves. Putting up the tent, building a fire, cooking over it, hiking. At the time probably s'mores and finding and casting deer hoof prints were probably my favorites. 
Something I never thought of at the time, but value it now looking back. I learned to rely on other adults. Leaders were great ladies like Patty Robinson Parrish, Karen Sage, Teresa Schneller, Susan Thornhill and Carmen Morrison. All had influence on my life and for that, I am thankful. 
Looking at this ornament I am reminded to simpler days when crafts, cupcakes and companionship with my peers were plenty to entertain us on a Saturday afternoon. Amazingly everyone was always there, no one had other things going on. Wish my kids lived in that quieter time. 
Looking at Santa and knowing my Christmas list would be very different than the first this ornament was on my tree,
From Tulip~
KH
😊

No comments: