Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

Cousins

They are your first friends in life outside of your own home. And likely they are your life-long friends. They know all about you, the good and the bad---and they still love you. Yes I am talking about cousins. I am very blessed to big a part of a large extended family.
All of the Angle first cousins but two. 

Barnes first cousins, plus spouses and children and steps and all the extras plus my Grandmother. 
I love how with my cousins, its always game on, and a good time will always be had. It really doesn't matter what we are doing. And its ALWAYS the more, the merrier!!! The example that comes to mind of a most recent 'goodtime with my cousins' involved cousins who were MILES apart from either other, but we had a blast anyway. For that, I have to thank social media. I was feeling sorry for myself last Friday, thinking about all that I wasn't going to be experiencing with my own family and just generally feeling lonely. I jumped on Facebook to check out what was going on and my brother had posted the picture at the top of myself and most of my Angle cousins taken last summer. His comment was something to the affect of, is it too early to start planning a get together for next year? All it took was a few folks replying and away we went, literally have next summer's reunion planned, we know where we want to go and when we want to go there. 3 of the 5 branches replied. Guessing the others will jump in if they are able. The planning was just details, the funny comments and snarky barbs back and forth made my afternoon, in fact it made my whole week. I am pretty certain that my cousins are the reason I will never REALLY feel lonely in this world. 

Feeling Thankful for the Love of Cousins on this fall Friday afternoon,
From Tulip~
KH
:) 

No comments: