Jamie at This Uncharted Rhoade nominated our blog for this award today. It's for blogs with less than 200 followers. Kinda of a 'Kudos to you' for up and coming bloggers.
In order to 'accept' the award, I need to follow some rules and they are:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award. 5. No tag backs.
So #1, 11 random facts.........
1. My mother grandmother and myself were all 23 when we had our first child, and we are each other's first child. My husband, his dad and his dad's mother were all 28 when their first born child was born and they are all firstborns, does that make sense? Hope so because I have retyped that four times trying to think of a better way to expain it and this is as good as it gets.
2. A self proclaimed night owl, I always say I can get to 5am way easier than I can start there.
3. I was sad for the longest time when my big boys wanted to wrestle and didn't play basketball, then I was sad this year when the littlest didn't want to wrestle, but quickly got over it when I watched him play basketball.
4. I am left handed, so is my dad and my oldest son. I used to get mad when Mom would not let me do things because it looked so backwards to her, but now I understand when I try to help Jenna do things, it's very hard to teach her and try to start things backward so its easier for her.
5. I have been 19 states, would love to see the other 31 and lots of the rest of the world. Particularly Europe and maybe Australia.
6. If money were no object, I would go back to college and I think I would like to be a history teacher. I would also have a maid, new living room furniture and buy The Farmer a new truck.
7. I think my lucky number is 5, its the date of my birthday, it's how many years older The Farmer is than me, and there's 5 people in my house that I would lay down my life for I love them that much.
8. I talk to my grandmother every day, I know at my age that is a privilege.
9. I have the same New Years Resolution every year and that is to simplify my life, organize it, and maintain it.
10. The week of the Missouri State Fair is possibly something that I look forward to as much or more than I do my kids birthdays, our wedding anniversary and Christmas.
11. For someone who loves to talk/type/write as much as I do, this was hard to do and I know as soon as I 'publish' this blog post, I will think of 30 other things I could have written.
Answer the Questions from my nominating blog friend:
1. Why did you start blogging? I started about 6 years ago, way before facebook (at least before I was on it) as a way to share our stories. My consistancy on regular blogging has waxed and waned a lot through the years and I have evolved my reasons for blogging a lot over that time as well.
2. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Warm bread out of the oven, buttered. Or actually anything baked, but only while it is still warm, thankfully, I am never as interested after it cools.
3. If you could have the perfect day, doing anything at all, what would you do? I would sleep in, then maybe sew while watching Field of Dreams or any of my list of favorite movies, then I would enjoy an evening with those I love who I don't get to see very often and we would stay up till the wee morning hours just laughing and telling stories.
4. What would your dream car (or truck) be? Since my life currently requires me to have a 'mom vehicle' although its not a mini-van............. I will go the other direction and say that I want something much sportier, like a brand-new gun-metal grey Dodge Charger (not that I have thought about this MUCH)
5. What's your favorite type of music? rock and country from 70's and 80's
6. What one thing would you be completely lost without? My husband and kids first and foremost, but the rest of my family too!
7. What's your biggest pet peeve? Irresponsible adults
8. Are you an early bird or a night owl? Night Owl, ALL THE WAY!!!!
9. What was your favorite gift you received last Christmas? A blingy football ring, can't wait to see how it sparkles under those 'Friday Night Lights' (Go Panthers!!!!)
10. Mayo or Miracle Whip? Mayo (Hellman's)
11. If had to live out the rest of your life as an animal, what would you be? That's a tough one, I could say a host of things here for many many reasons............hmmmmmmm I will have to get back on this one.
Pick 11 bloggers to award this prize to. (that's going to be hard, especially since I read such a wide variety of blogs)
Julie at In Between the Sunsets
Melinda at Farm Livin' is the Life for Me
Mylene at Life in Hatton
Laurie at Country Linked
Nicole at Tales of a Kansas Farm Mom
Lori at Girls in the Garden
Sue at Innkeeper Insights/Inn at Harbour Ridge
Chris at the Canote Notes
GloriAnn at Under the Influence of Oreos
Tami at My Ms Adventures
Meredith at Material Girl Quilt Shop
Now for their 11 questions to answer:
1. Give us your 30 second commercial for your blog.
2. What makes you smile?
3. What's your super power, real or for pretend?
4. Who's your hero and why are they so cool?
5. And your motto on life would be?
6. Stuck on a deserted island and you have your choice of 5 things, what would they be?
7. In a perfect world where you would be right now?
8. Within your family, what do think has been influenced you the most, your spot in the birth order, the cousins you grew up with, your parents teachings, or something else and if so what?
9. Tell some of your favorites and why they make the list.
10. Which sport reminds you most of life and what lessons have you learned from it?
11. If you could turn back time or freeze a particular time, when would that be and why?
Okay friends I look forward to reading your posts!
Typing till after midnight on my second post of the day,