Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Home Sweet Home

Started out the month strong, adding Thankfulness posts. My goal was to not just be thankful for the same things that I am every year, although I am thankful for the same things year in and year out. I wanted to give you a deeper, new insight to life on our farm in the process. Well life on the farm has gotten in the way in the last several days and blog posts just haven't happened.
Had a few extra moments this afternoon, so I decided to add a post about the one place/location I am probably most thankful for and that of course is our farm. Obviously most people are thankful for their home. But, for us, our farm is so much more than our home.
We are living in the same house that My Farmer was raised in, raising our own kids. But its more than a home, more than a farm. Yes its our livelihood. It's also where we are teaching our children core values like responsibility and work ethic. We are teaching them stewardship of the land. They are learning about life in the care of livestock. We are teaching them the value of an honest days' work.
I love that such a high percentage of our time is spent 'at home' on the farm. It's so ingrained in our souls, that I am sure that we wouldn't be happy anywhere else. I love to watch the growing season unfold before my very eyes. As the ground is prepped for planting, seeds sown, then the plant grows. We watch it mature and dry in preparation of harvest. We are blessed to be able to harvest. Afterwards, we begin the process of prepping for the next year.
It's a similar process with the animals, from calving season in the spring until they are loaded onto the trailer en route to the sale barn. The step by step process is absolutely breath taking. It's one that I am honored for the privilege to witness.
There's no place like home,
From Tulip~
KH

No comments: